
So February 2nd is my next show... also my birthday... should be interesting. Hopefully Bob and Aron can be prepared by then, otherwise it's another solo performance. I'm thinking of playing a couple new tracks.
I'm thinking of playing The Final Yearning. It's complex, mostly in alternating bars of 5/8 and 6/8 with some 9/8 and 3/4 variations thrown in there. for the intro to The Final Yearning I think I'm going to play Franscisco Tarrega's "Endecha," a very beautiful song by a great 20th century guitarist. Funeral Procession is, in a word, a lament. Just wrote it the other day. The first good thing to come since I bought the looping pedal last week. After that I think I'll play "Nothing, Anything." I hope Aron can get his drone textures mixed accordingly in time. Plus I need to test out the updated loop arrangement for it, make sure the guitar and synths compliment each other.
Anyway, I really want to release a new CD so I'm depending on these guys to be a little more reliable. Apparently I've release 10 CDs, says my mom who had been reading a very outdated resume of mine. That means I must be at...oh... atleast 13 by now. Kind of disgusting really.
Music should not be my life... sadly, it is.
btw, the picture at the top is the cover for my CD "...a tearful release," my first Lachrymal Quietus CD to feature guitars. The cover for my next CD is going to be very unique, look forward to seeing it in the next couple of months.
Have a pleasant day,
Graham B., Lachrymal Quietus
No comments:
Post a Comment